Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Phipps

For the shooting on our own assignment, Evan and I decided to go somewhere that was nearby to the city while still being nature.  We were headed to Schenley Park but ended up at the Phipps Gardens.  The amount of flowers that were blooming there so early was impressive.  It was only the end of March and we had gotten a frost the night before, but luckily everything survived the night.  It may not have been the best time of day to go as the sun was way too bright.  It washed out a lot of my shots, but some came out alright. Of all the things we saw, I was most impressed by this bird we found who was nesting in a tree at eye level.  She was so determined not to leave her nest she let us get a little up-close and personal.  I really like shooting wildlife and I’m glad that I’ve been able to in with the bird and the frog I shot previously.  I’m still struggling with my theme though.  I like to focus on the smaller things, and views and angles that we don’t normally look at.  Hopefully I’ll be able to work this all out as soon as possible.







No comments:

Post a Comment