Tuesday, February 28, 2012

McConnells Mill

This week for Nature Photo class, we headed out to McConnells Mill Park.  I’ve been there before; it’s actually where my senior photos were taken.  It’s a really beautiful piece of land that’s kind out of the way and hidden.  First we went to a smaller area that had a small waterfall and some nice ridges and cliffs.  I photographed a lot there but didn’t end up with much.  The sun was barely up then and the photos are all just really flat.  When we got to the second, larger part of the park, the sun came out and that’s when I started getting shots I liked.  There is so much to see along the trails there.  I ended up having to kinds of themes going on when shooting this trip.  The first one is what I think I’m going to try and focus on as a whole for this project.  I think the biggest issue nowadays is that people don’t take the time to stop and appreciate the beauty of the land that we haven’t yet touched.  And even if we have, people don’t take the time to appreciate the beauty, or even if they do, they don’t notice the beautiful things in front of them.  I think that the first step in getting support to keep our forests and land conserved is to make people realize their worth.  I hope that these images help show the beauty in the small parts of the forest that are unseen by those in a hurry. 
















No comments:

Post a Comment